So do you know how to use the app PicsArt? This app is one of the most creative editing apps for creating fun and exciting pictures. Quickly add a sticker or bubbles to lighten up any photo. Enhance your photo by changing the background and adding some color. In this article, you will learn how to navigate the user interface. Then you will learn tips and tricks to begin making beautiful edits on PicsArt. We will dive into each of the editing tools to learn what they can do.
How to Use the PicsArt User Interface
PicsArt is an editing app where you can share photos with friends. This app is avaliable for both iPhone and Android. The home screen can be challenging to navigate when first opening the app. This is due to the extensive features for photo editing and sharing. First, we will review the home screen. In the menu bar, on the top, you’ll see in the center it says home. By noticing that you are on the home screen, it will be easier to not get lost. On the right side of the top navigation is the add a friend or following features. You can also add or invite friends. In the center of the page, is your feed. You can see what your friends have posted and also see editing recommendations from the app PicsArt on how to edit a photo.
If you are using this app for mainly photo editing, I suggest getting to know the bottom menu options first. For the bottom menu options, you have the home button and search. The plus icon represents the option to add and edit a photo. We will go into a lot of detail about how to edit a photo and the basic editing tools in this post. Then there is the trophy representing challenges you can enter to improve your editing and be featured in the winner’s gallery. In the challenge, all participants edit the same photo. The image with the highest votes gets featured. I suggest doing these challenges to improve your photo editing and to get ideas from others. The last feature in the bottom navigation shows a human icon. This feature allows you to edit the profile and see friends and followers.
How to Begin Editing on PicsArt
To start editing your photo, tap on the plus icon on the bottom center of the menu. This will bring up options to begin editing your photo. You can choose from your photos, videos, templates, collages, cameras, drawings, free photos, and color backgrounds. Most of the time you will want to start by choosing a photo from your phone. Once you’ve chosen the image, then you can begin editing. The editing features include tools, effects, beautify, sticker, cutout, text, and add a photo. We will begin by discussing the basic tools.
Tools- Editing Tools
- Crop- adjust the size, choose the image ratio, and straighten the image.
- Free Crop- choose the area to keep in the photo by tapping the brush tool, and then tap the arrow on the top right corner.
- Shape Crop- Tap on a shape to create a shaped image sticker or image.
- Dispersion- Create an explosive look to your image by adding this effect to your image.
- Clone- Remove unwanted objects by copying an area from another location in the image.
- Remove- This paid feature makes it possible to remove people and objects from your photo.
- Stretch- Alter the view of your image with a warp, swirl, squeeze, or inflate.
- Motion- Make a still object look like it is moving. First, create a cutout of the object and slide right and left to adjust the motion effect.
- Selection- Choose to edit a specific section of the photo. You can cut, copy, and add effects.
- Curves-The curve tool allows you to adjust the exposure, light, and tone of the image. You can manually adjust and manipulate different parts of the image. When you drag down the line, it decreases the exposure. The curve line is divided into three sections: the bottom ⅓ adjusts the shadows, the middle 1/3 alters the mid-tones, and the top ⅓ adjusts the highlights.
- Adjust- This is the main image editing feature where you can adjust the brightness, contrast, clarity, saturation, and much more.
- Enhance- Increases the brightness and saturation of the image.
- Tilt Shift- Change the brightness and orientation of the lens. This will create a different center of focus.
- Perspective- Alter the perspective of the image. This is great to get tall buildings to look straight.
- Resize- Choose a custom size to adjust the image size. This is great if you need a specific size for a project.
- Flip/Rotate- Adjust the image rotation by either flipping the image horizontally or vertically.
PicsArt is a great app to learn how to edit photos and add flare to uninteresting photos. Take a moment to look at the main features on the homepage of the editing app. Notice the feed and how there are tutorials from PicsArt that will teach you how to create better pictures. Try to improve your editing by tapping on competitions to edit a photo and enter a contest. Then edit your profile and connect with your friends by tapping on the person icon.
Get more creative by experimenting with tools. Try the free crop to create a sticker of your image or add a mysterious touch by using the dispersion tool. Adjust the light and saturation by tapping on adjust. After you have used tools to edit your photo, your image is ready to add more creative features. Stay tuned in the next post to learn more about PicsArt.
Take a minute to try these tips to become a great smartphone photographer. Want more inspiration? Here are some additional resources that can help you:
- How to Shoot Outstanding Smartphone Street Photography
- Olloclip Multi-Device Lens Review
- Travel Photography Tips for Mobile: How to Take Epic Photos
Give those tips a read and you’ll be ready with new hacks and tips to help you make the most of your phone’s camera. See our photos on Instagram at @picxtrix.