The built-in camera app is often where we snap most of our photos, but what app takes the best pictures? The camera app that comes with your phone doesn’t come with advanced tools and features. You can enhance your photos by experimenting with different apps. Here are some suggestions on which app takes the best pictures for Android and iPhone.
iPhone Apps for Great Photos
Camera+2 is one of the best apps because it has complete control over pictures, with manual controls to select the precise settings for each shot. In manual mode you’ll be able to adjust the shutter speed, ISO, and white balance. Camera+2 is one of the camera apps for iPhone, and provides an excellent option for taking pictures with manual mode.
- Stabilizing technology that help you take a better shot
- Smoothly use manual mode to change the shutter speed and ISO
- Try the shooting mode to detect smiles and shoot for you.
- Take long exposure shots by tying the slow shutter mode
- Easily shoot in Raw and edit in the app or on another editing app.
Up your photography game with the manual iPhone app ProCam 5. This app provides quality features like a SLR Camera that can help you take the best pictures. You can easily adjust the manual mode features for example white balance, ISO, and shutter speed. Choose different features for night mode video and portrait.
- Includes a night mode feature where you can choose the shutter speed get better images
- Try the burst mode feature for action or continuous shots on your phone.
- The expoxure warning shows “Zebra stripes” in areas that are overexposed.
- Turn on subject tracking in the settings to easily track your subject in the frame.
- Take amazing pictures in low light or long exposure shots with the slow shutter option which allows you to take light trails, motion blur shots, and low light images.
Raw+ is a great manual mode app for beginner iPhone photographers or for professionals. It’s easy to access the always-on manual mode features. It’s always-on manual exposure and supports RAW format. You can turn on advanced features on the menu mode
- The fully visible histogram makes getting the right colors easy.
- Expose correctly with the shadow and highlight warning features that show up on your screen
- Shoot images and save in RAW or RAW+JPG.
- Get a level image with the level toggle that tells you if you are level or how many degrees you are off.
Which Android App Takes The Best Pictures?
Camera Zoom FX
Camera Zoom FX can help you take stunning photos with manual mode. This camera has basic features that you can use but the best ones are accessible only if you purchase the upgrade for $3.99.This mode is filled with features that the standard camera app does not include.
- A major feature of this app is that it can capture 50 shots per second.
- This app is perfect for capturing action, kids, and pets.
Price: Free but $3.99 for additional features
Camera FV-5 may be one of the most advanced manual mode apps for Android. In this app you can easily adjust the exposure compensation, ISO, light metering, and focus mode.
- The manual shutter speed can capture images from a range 1/800000 to 60”.
- This app comes with exposure bracketing for more advanced photography.
- Shoot images at night with advanced night features.
- Easily change settings by sliding from focus to exposure, to white balance, grid lines, and timer.
- This app helps you compose great shots by choosing from six options for composition grids.
Apps Available Both for Android and Apple
VSCO is a great resource if you want to take great pictures. This app is available on Android and Apple for free. To access the camera tap on the center. VSCO camera provides additional manual mode options.
- In manual mode, it is easy to shoot in raw. RAW files are not compressed, so you’re able to create higher quality images. JPG images are compressed, and some of the image information is lost.
- Shoot images using the grid with 9 square or horizontal and vertical overlay
- Adjust the exposure compensation and white balance instantly
Take some time to discover which app works best for you. The apps discussed in this post all work great for different purposes. I have found that ProCam to be my favorite way to take pictures using an iPhone. I have used this app extensively when taking night photos and close up images. On an Android, I have enjoyed using Camera FV-5 due to its advanced features for ISO, white balance, and shutter speed. You’ll find your photography will quickly improve by using a manual mode app.